If you’re carrying some extra weight around your belly, you’ll know how hard it is to shift the tyre.
Even though they say that abs are made in the kitchen, it’s also necessary to exercise if you want a toned tum.
So which exercises will provide you with the best results?
Here’s how high intensity interval training could help you to blast stubborn body fat.
Fitness guru Joey Thurman recently revealed why HIIT can be so beneficial.
As the high impact moves are designed to elevate your heart rate, it gets the body into fat burning mode.
Unlike other workouts, you can do them from the comfort of your own home.
Doing just 15 minutes of the exercises two times a week can help you to achieve weight loss goals.
Here are three easy abs moves you should try:
This move strengthens the core and targets belly fat.
It’s also a good stretch for your hamstrings and lower back.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Lie flat on your back with your arms at either side of your body
2. Keeping your legs straight, raise them into the air above your hips
3. While keeping your back pressed into the floor, lower your left leg while raising your right one
4. Alternate on the other side, so your right leg is lower than your right
5. Repeat for 10-15 reps before resting
2. Donkey kickbacks
While this move is typically used for toning the booty, it also engages the tummy area.
Pull in your abs as your carrying out the move to see the best results.
Here’s how to do a donkey kickback:
1. Get on all fours on your exercise mat
2. Raise one leg into the air, bending it behind you at a 90 degree angle
3. Keeping your pelvis and hip pointed towards the ground, push your foot towards the ceiling
4. Repeat for 10-15 reps before moving to your other leg
3. Side plank
This killer core move also helps to tone your shoulders, obliques and legs.
Follow these steps to carry it out:
1. Lie on your side with your legs on top of one another
2. Leaning on one arm or hand, raise your body into the air
3. Pull in your tummy and hold for 30 seconds
4. Repeat after half a minute of rest
LifeStyle ENG Portals